The Total Archery Challenge (TAC) is a 3-day outdoor archery event that tests the skills of archers of all levels. The event features over 100 3D targets, challenging shooters to adjust for distances, angles, and natural obstacles. In addition to the main courses, TAC also offers a Future Champions course for beginner youth and other novelty shots to win major prizes.
The TAC is more than just an archery competition. It is also a festival atmosphere, with food, music, and vendors. The event is held in some of the most beautiful settings in the country, and it is a great way to experience the outdoors and meet other archers.
There are five dimensions to the TAC
- Skill: The TAC tests the skills of archers of all levels. The courses are designed to be challenging, but they are also accessible to beginners.
- Challenge: The TAC is a challenge for archers of all levels. The courses are designed to test your skills and your mental toughness.
- Fun: The TAC is a lot of fun! The event is a great way to meet other archers, enjoy the outdoors, and test your skills.
- Community: The TAC is a community event. The event brings together archers from all over the country, and it is a great way to meet new people and make friends.
- Awards: The TAC offers a variety of awards, including cash prizes, trophies, and gear.
Why You Need to Start Preparing Now
If you are thinking about participating in the TAC, you need to start preparing now. The event is challenging, and you need to be in top form to compete. Here are a few tips for getting ready for the TAC:
- Practice regularly. The more you practice, the better you will be at shooting. Make sure to practice on a variety of targets, including 3D targets.
- Work on your form. Your form is essential for accuracy. Make sure to practice your form regularly and have someone qualified check it for you.
- Condition your body. The TAC is a physically demanding event. Make sure to condition your body so that you can withstand the rigors of the event.
- Get mentally prepared. The TAC is a mental challenge as well as a physical one. Make sure to get mentally prepared for the event by visualizing yourself shooting well and winning.
The TAC is a great event for archers of all levels. If you are thinking about participating, start preparing now. With hard work and dedication, you can be a winner at the TAC.
Here are some additional tips for preparing for the TAC
- Learn the rules of the event. The TAC has a specific set of rules that you need to follow. Make sure to learn the rules so that you don't get disqualified.
- Pack the right gear. You will need to pack a variety of gear for the TAC, including your bow, arrows, targets, and clothing. Make sure to pack everything you need so that you are prepared for the event.
- Get to the event early. The TAC can get crowded, so it is important to get to the event early. This will give you time to check in, set up your gear, and practice.
- Have fun! The TAC is a great event, so make sure to have fun. Relax, enjoy the outdoors, and shoot your best.
I hope this blog has given you a better understanding of the TAC and why you need to start preparing now. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me (contact information below.) I would be happy to help you in any way that I can.
Here is the link to the 2024 TAC Seven Springs, PA event. https://totalarcherychallenge.com/events/7-springs-pa/
Here is a link to our video from the 1 June 2023 TAC event at Seven Springs, PA.
- Todd DeCapua (RedArrowAddiction@gmail.com)